No need to bring your fishing gear on a guided fishing tour with Trout Territory. We provide all the gear you’ll need while on your tour. Rods, reels, lines, flies, waders.
If you have your favourite fishing gear and want to bring it, then of course you can! If you do bring your own, please ensure it’s clean, disinfected, and dry before bringing it into Tasmania. This helps Tassie’s trout waters stay disease free. Find more info about that here.
We do recommend you bring the following:
- Sunglasses. Preferably polarised. If you don’t have polaroids, let us know ahead of time, we have some you can use.
- If it’s not great polaroiding conditions your regular sunnies are fine, and will help protect your eyes from wayward flies and low hanging twigs.
- Bring a hat. Be sun smart!
- Sturdy shoes.
- Dress in layers. It can warm up, and cool down, sometimes quickly. Layers are great for peeling off and piling on whatever the weather does.
- Rain coat. Let us know before your tour if you need us to bring one for you.
If you have questions about fishing gear, contact us at Trout Territory.